39 children injured in NJ school bus accident
PARSIPPANY, N.J. (AP) - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say 39 children from a Pennsylvania sports camp have received minor injuries in an accident involving four school buses on Interstate 80 in New Jersey.
Trooper Christopher Kay says it appears one bus rear-ended another bus, and the other two vehicles sustained minor damage in the accident Thursday in Parsippany.
Kay says the buses were taking 9- and 10-year-olds from Lindenmere Sports Camp in Tannersville, Pa., to the Six Flags Great Adventure amusement park in Jackson, N.J. He says there were more than 100 passengers on the four buses.
The trooper says the children complained of pain or simple cuts and bruises. Two adults on the buses also were taken to the hospital to be checked out.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
new jersey, pennsylvania, accident, school bus, local/state
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 2 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 28 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 53 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 42 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
53 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos