39 children injured in NJ school bus accident
PARSIPPANY, N.J. (AP) - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say 39 children from a Pennsylvania sports camp have received minor injuries in an accident involving four school buses on Interstate 80 in New Jersey.
Trooper Christopher Kay says it appears one bus rear-ended another bus, and the other two vehicles sustained minor damage in the accident Thursday in Parsippany.
Kay says the buses were taking 9- and 10-year-olds from Lindenmere Sports Camp in Tannersville, Pa., to the Six Flags Great Adventure amusement park in Jackson, N.J. He says there were more than 100 passengers on the four buses.
The trooper says the children complained of pain or simple cuts and bruises. Two adults on the buses also were taken to the hospital to be checked out.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
new jersey, pennsylvania, accident, school bus, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos