39 children injured in NJ school bus accident
PARSIPPANY, N.J. (AP) - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say 39 children from a Pennsylvania sports camp have received minor injuries in an accident involving four school buses on Interstate 80 in New Jersey.
Trooper Christopher Kay says it appears one bus rear-ended another bus, and the other two vehicles sustained minor damage in the accident Thursday in Parsippany.
Kay says the buses were taking 9- and 10-year-olds from Lindenmere Sports Camp in Tannersville, Pa., to the Six Flags Great Adventure amusement park in Jackson, N.J. He says there were more than 100 passengers on the four buses.
The trooper says the children complained of pain or simple cuts and bruises. Two adults on the buses also were taken to the hospital to be checked out.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
new jersey, pennsylvania, accident, school bus, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man 15 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 19 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
19 min ago