DA: Gold-plated animal skulls found in drug house (PHOTOS)
COATESVILLE, Pa. - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police investigating a suspected drug dealer say they found gold-plated animal skulls and partially skinned animal heads in his rented Coatesville house.
The suspect, Andrew DiStefano, 20, of Coatesville is currently a fugitive, authorities said. Once arrested, he will be facing a number of drug and gun charges.
The investigation began on February 16th when police were called to the 2400 block of Wayne Avenue for a suspected crime in progress.
A caller reported two males, wearing gray hoodies, running through yards holding guns.
The responding officer checked the area and found three shotguns and a semi-automatic rifle along with suspected marijuana all under a tree in a backyard on Norton Avenue.
The next day police say they went back to the neighborhood and eventually talked to DiStefano. As they entered the home, police said, they smelled a strong odor of marijuana. Police say they sat down in the living room and saw the butts of two rolled marijuana cigarettes.
DiStefano told police that his home had been burglarized and marijuana, the guns and a wad of cash was stolen.
A few days later, police executed a search warrant of the house and found more drugs, guns and cash.
Police say they also found a number of animal skulls, including those of dogs and bears, a necklace made of animal teeth along with other loose teeth and bones.
Some of the bones were coated in gold, police said.
As the search continued, District Attorney Tom Hogan said, officers found an partially-skinned animal head in a freezer.
"It never ceases to amaze me what we find in drug dealer's homes," said Hogan.
Hogan went on to say that, at last report, DiStefano is in Costa Rica. Hogan said his office called his family and said he needed to come in but, so far, has not done so.
pennsylvania, chester county, drugs, local/state
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson
- Penn State penalities from Sandusky case argued
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in North Wales, Pa.
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos