Police: NJ man, with multiple DUIs, arrested again
VINELAND, N.J. - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Anderson Sotomayor, 45, was arrested Thursday night, and police say the repeat DUI offender was under the influence at the time of his arrest.
A bench warrant had been issued for Sotomayor after he missed a court appearance Thursday morning.Back in May, he was arrested for his 5th DUI in 5 weeks.
Sotomayor had been free after posting $20,000 bail on Monday. He was behind bars for about a month.
Sotomayor was released after his first four DUI arrests - which occurred between April 9 and May 12 - because state law doesn't permit bail on motor vehicle violations. But he was jailed after his May 16 arrests because he allegedly had Oxycodone without a prescription.
Sotomayor also was issued five summonses - not including drunken driving - on April 2. On that day, he allegedly swerved around a school bus as it unloaded kids, ran into a stop sign, smashed into a car and fled the scene of the accident.
Police say Sotomayor was intoxicated behind the wheel again Thursday night when he was arrested.He is being held in Cumberland County Jail without bail.
new jersey, cumberland county, DUI, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 5 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape 41 min ago
- Dead body found during Easter egg hunt
59 min ago