Police: NJ man, with multiple DUIs, arrested again
VINELAND, N.J. - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Anderson Sotomayor, 45, was arrested Thursday night, and police say the repeat DUI offender was under the influence at the time of his arrest.
A bench warrant had been issued for Sotomayor after he missed a court appearance Thursday morning.Back in May, he was arrested for his 5th DUI in 5 weeks.
Sotomayor had been free after posting $20,000 bail on Monday. He was behind bars for about a month.
Sotomayor was released after his first four DUI arrests - which occurred between April 9 and May 12 - because state law doesn't permit bail on motor vehicle violations. But he was jailed after his May 16 arrests because he allegedly had Oxycodone without a prescription.
Sotomayor also was issued five summonses - not including drunken driving - on April 2. On that day, he allegedly swerved around a school bus as it unloaded kids, ran into a stop sign, smashed into a car and fled the scene of the accident.
Police say Sotomayor was intoxicated behind the wheel again Thursday night when he was arrested.He is being held in Cumberland County Jail without bail.
new jersey, cumberland county, DUI, local/state
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 3 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 54 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 5.7-magnitude quake felt across northern California 54 min ago
- Emergency landing causes delays at Heathrow 41 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in...
54 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
3 min ago