Police: NJ man, with multiple DUIs, arrested again
VINELAND, N.J. - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Anderson Sotomayor, 45, was arrested Thursday night, and police say the repeat DUI offender was under the influence at the time of his arrest.
A bench warrant had been issued for Sotomayor after he missed a court appearance Thursday morning.Back in May, he was arrested for his 5th DUI in 5 weeks.
Sotomayor had been free after posting $20,000 bail on Monday. He was behind bars for about a month.
Sotomayor was released after his first four DUI arrests - which occurred between April 9 and May 12 - because state law doesn't permit bail on motor vehicle violations. But he was jailed after his May 16 arrests because he allegedly had Oxycodone without a prescription.
Sotomayor also was issued five summonses - not including drunken driving - on April 2. On that day, he allegedly swerved around a school bus as it unloaded kids, ran into a stop sign, smashed into a car and fled the scene of the accident.
Police say Sotomayor was intoxicated behind the wheel again Thursday night when he was arrested.He is being held in Cumberland County Jail without bail.
new jersey, cumberland county, DUI, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 27 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 35 min ago
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 17 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 25 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
27 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
25 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
17 min ago