Police: NJ man, with multiple DUIs, arrested again
VINELAND, N.J. - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Anderson Sotomayor, 45, was arrested Thursday night, and police say the repeat DUI offender was under the influence at the time of his arrest.
A bench warrant had been issued for Sotomayor after he missed a court appearance Thursday morning.Back in May, he was arrested for his 5th DUI in 5 weeks.
Sotomayor had been free after posting $20,000 bail on Monday. He was behind bars for about a month.
Sotomayor was released after his first four DUI arrests - which occurred between April 9 and May 12 - because state law doesn't permit bail on motor vehicle violations. But he was jailed after his May 16 arrests because he allegedly had Oxycodone without a prescription.
Sotomayor also was issued five summonses - not including drunken driving - on April 2. On that day, he allegedly swerved around a school bus as it unloaded kids, ran into a stop sign, smashed into a car and fled the scene of the accident.
Police say Sotomayor was intoxicated behind the wheel again Thursday night when he was arrested.He is being held in Cumberland County Jail without bail.
new jersey, cumberland county, DUI, local/state
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
23 min ago