Body found in Delaware River may be missing woman
EASTON, Pa. - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police recovered a body in the Delaware River late Thursday night, and it is believed it may be that of a woman reported missing last week.
Crews first spotted the body Wednesday night near Easton, Pennsylvania, however crews were unable to recover it until late yesterday.
The coroner hasn't identified the woman, though friends and family say its 57-year-old Lane Alden of Phillipsburg, New Jersey.
Crews had been searching for Alden since her boat overturned last week and she didn't make it to shore.
body found, easton, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting 47 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ 43 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 38 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million