Del.'s 20 firefighters in Colo. tired, but OK
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A crew of 20 Delaware firefighters is joining the effort to battle Colorado's wildfire.
The team will spend about 14 days firefighting on the mission before returning home.
The crew includes firefighters from volunteer companies, the state forest service, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control and other agencies. They are serving at the request of the U.S. Forest Service.
Delaware crew boss Glenn "Dode" Gladders told The News Journal on Thursday that everyone is tired, but doing OK. They have been working to put out fire flare-ups in burned areas.
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club 56 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 12 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 39 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide 18 min ago
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 51 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip...
56 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
18 min ago