Del.'s 20 firefighters in Colo. tired, but OK
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A crew of 20 Delaware firefighters is joining the effort to battle Colorado's wildfire.
The team will spend about 14 days firefighting on the mission before returning home.
The crew includes firefighters from volunteer companies, the state forest service, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control and other agencies. They are serving at the request of the U.S. Forest Service.
Delaware crew boss Glenn "Dode" Gladders told The News Journal on Thursday that everyone is tired, but doing OK. They have been working to put out fire flare-ups in burned areas.
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed