NJ Turnpike reopened after Gloucester Co. crash
SWEDESBORO, N.J. - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Southbound lanes of the New Jersey Turnpike reopened after a crash involving an overturned vehicle, left parts of the highway closed in Gloucester County.
It happened around 2:30 Friday afternoon in the southbound lanes of the highway near mile marker 12.5 in Swedesboro.
Initial reports indicate that the crash left at least one car overturned. At least one person was airlifted to a nearby hospital.
All southbound lanes were shut down but reopened shortly before 4:00 p.m.
No word on the exact cause of the crash. Police continue to investigate.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
new jersey, gloucester county, nj turnpike, accident, local/state
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket 38 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos