NJ Turnpike reopened after Gloucester Co. crash
SWEDESBORO, N.J. - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Southbound lanes of the New Jersey Turnpike reopened after a crash involving an overturned vehicle, left parts of the highway closed in Gloucester County.
It happened around 2:30 Friday afternoon in the southbound lanes of the highway near mile marker 12.5 in Swedesboro.
Initial reports indicate that the crash left at least one car overturned. At least one person was airlifted to a nearby hospital.
All southbound lanes were shut down but reopened shortly before 4:00 p.m.
No word on the exact cause of the crash. Police continue to investigate.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
new jersey, gloucester county, nj turnpike, accident, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 3 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more