NJ Turnpike reopened after Gloucester Co. crash
SWEDESBORO, N.J. - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Southbound lanes of the New Jersey Turnpike reopened after a crash involving an overturned vehicle, left parts of the highway closed in Gloucester County.
It happened around 2:30 Friday afternoon in the southbound lanes of the highway near mile marker 12.5 in Swedesboro.
Initial reports indicate that the crash left at least one car overturned. At least one person was airlifted to a nearby hospital.
All southbound lanes were shut down but reopened shortly before 4:00 p.m.
No word on the exact cause of the crash. Police continue to investigate.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
new jersey, gloucester county, nj turnpike, accident, local/state
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 21 min ago
- Steamy Situation 12 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams 3 min ago
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma 59 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc 46 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary 32 min ago
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 50 min ago
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township 1 min ago
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 48 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- New push to revitalize West Philly's Lancaster Ave. 1 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
21 min ago