Missing 7-year-old found dead in pool
PHILADELPHIA - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- The search for a missing 7-year-old Philadelphia boy ended in tragedy when dive teams found the child dead in the bottom of a pool.
Authorities say 7-year-old Isear Jeffcoat was dropped off at a day care center on Rising Sun Avenue on Friday morning.
He along with several other children were taken to a pool on the 6600 block of North 8th Street around 3:00 pm.
Police say there was some kind of argument over a flotation device shortly before the boy was last seen.
Officials conducted a search of areas near the pool, day care, and the home before making the discovery.
Authorities say the child's body was found in what they describe to be a "murky" pool. No word if foul play is suspected.
An investigation continues
missing children, philadelphia, local/state
- Firefighters rescue 3 children from Southwest Philadelphia house fire
- Windy And Cool 27 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- North Philadephia man arrested for firing shots at police 40 min ago
- Fire forces evacuation of North Philadelphia high-rise 24 min ago
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend 2 min ago
- Windy And Cool
27 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos