Missing 7-year-old found dead in pool
PHILADELPHIA - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- The search for a missing 7-year-old Philadelphia boy ended in tragedy when dive teams found the child dead in the bottom of a pool.
Authorities say 7-year-old Isear Jeffcoat was dropped off at a day care center on Rising Sun Avenue on Friday morning.
He along with several other children were taken to a pool on the 6600 block of North 8th Street around 3:00 pm.
Police say there was some kind of argument over a flotation device shortly before the boy was last seen.
Officials conducted a search of areas near the pool, day care, and the home before making the discovery.
Authorities say the child's body was found in what they describe to be a "murky" pool. No word if foul play is suspected.
An investigation continues
missing children, philadelphia, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police