Missing 7-year-old found dead in pool
PHILADELPHIA - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- The search for a missing 7-year-old Philadelphia boy ended in tragedy when dive teams found the child dead in the bottom of a pool.
Authorities say 7-year-old Isear Jeffcoat was dropped off at a day care center on Rising Sun Avenue on Friday morning.
He along with several other children were taken to a pool on the 6600 block of North 8th Street around 3:00 pm.
Police say there was some kind of argument over a flotation device shortly before the boy was last seen.
Officials conducted a search of areas near the pool, day care, and the home before making the discovery.
Authorities say the child's body was found in what they describe to be a "murky" pool. No word if foul play is suspected.
An investigation continues
missing children, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ