Storms possible cause of church fire in Atlantic Co.
LONGPORT, N.J. - June 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say strong overnight storms could be to blame for a fire that tore through a church in Atlantic County.
It happened around 2:00 Sunday morning at the Church of the Redeemer on 20th and Atlantic avenues.
The exact cause of the fire is unclear but investigators are looking into whether the wind blew a transformer box into the building, sparking the flames.
No injuries were reported but the building received extensive damage.
The blaze remains under investigation.
new jersey, atlantic county, fire, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight 37 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 34 min ago
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested 5 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list