Storms possible cause of church fire in Atlantic Co.
LONGPORT, N.J. - June 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say strong overnight storms could be to blame for a fire that tore through a church in Atlantic County.
It happened around 2:00 Sunday morning at the Church of the Redeemer on 20th and Atlantic avenues.
The exact cause of the fire is unclear but investigators are looking into whether the wind blew a transformer box into the building, sparking the flames.
No injuries were reported but the building received extensive damage.
The blaze remains under investigation.
new jersey, atlantic county, fire, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 34 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76 59 min ago
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
59 min ago