Storms possible cause of church fire in Atlantic Co.
LONGPORT, N.J. - June 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say strong overnight storms could be to blame for a fire that tore through a church in Atlantic County.
It happened around 2:00 Sunday morning at the Church of the Redeemer on 20th and Atlantic avenues.
The exact cause of the fire is unclear but investigators are looking into whether the wind blew a transformer box into the building, sparking the flames.
No injuries were reported but the building received extensive damage.
The blaze remains under investigation.
new jersey, atlantic county, fire, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 1 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 49 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 54 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
1 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
49 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
54 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos