Pa. woman, 30, killed by deer kept on family land
CRALEY, Pa. (AP) - June 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a woman has been fatally attacked by a deer kept on family land in central Pennsylvania.
York County's deputy coroner says the 30-year-old victim died Friday of injuries she suffered after entering the animal's pen in Lower Windsor Township.
The woman's father calls her death a tragic accident. Stan Shaffer says the deer was in rut, making the animal very unpredictable.
The Lower Windsor police chief declined to comment at the scene.
pennsylvania, animal attacks, animals, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 40 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 35 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 28 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 44 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
2 min ago