Pa. woman, 30, killed by deer kept on family land
CRALEY, Pa. (AP) - June 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a woman has been fatally attacked by a deer kept on family land in central Pennsylvania.
York County's deputy coroner says the 30-year-old victim died Friday of injuries she suffered after entering the animal's pen in Lower Windsor Township.
The woman's father calls her death a tragic accident. Stan Shaffer says the deer was in rut, making the animal very unpredictable.
The Lower Windsor police chief declined to comment at the scene.
pennsylvania, animal attacks, animals, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police