Pa. woman, 30, killed by deer kept on family land
CRALEY, Pa. (AP) - June 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a woman has been fatally attacked by a deer kept on family land in central Pennsylvania.
York County's deputy coroner says the 30-year-old victim died Friday of injuries she suffered after entering the animal's pen in Lower Windsor Township.
The woman's father calls her death a tragic accident. Stan Shaffer says the deer was in rut, making the animal very unpredictable.
The Lower Windsor police chief declined to comment at the scene.
pennsylvania, animal attacks, animals, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ