Teen shot at Tioga-Nicetown gas station
TIOGA-NICETOWN - July 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a shooting at a gas station in Tioga-Nicetown that left a teenager wounded.
It happened around 11:45 Saturday night at the BP station on West Hunting Park and Germantown avenues.
Officials say the victim was attending a party at a nearby banquet hall when he left to go to the gas station.
While inside, the teen had a verbal confrontation with an unknown male.
The victim told police he thought the altercation was going to turn physical so he raised his hands to fight. As he did, the unidentified suspect allegedly reached for his waistband and the victim started to run.
While fleeing, the teenager heard two gunshots and was shot once in the back. He was taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
The suspect is described as a black male, 18-20-years-old, approximately 6'1" tall. He has dyed blonde hair, and a Phillies "P" surrounded by a star tattooed on the front of his neck.
philadelphia, shooting, tioga, nicetown, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in New Jersey Turnpike chase
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 43 min ago
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds 49 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list