Teen shot at Tioga-Nicetown gas station
TIOGA-NICETOWN - July 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a shooting at a gas station in Tioga-Nicetown that left a teenager wounded.
It happened around 11:45 Saturday night at the BP station on West Hunting Park and Germantown avenues.
Officials say the victim was attending a party at a nearby banquet hall when he left to go to the gas station.
While inside, the teen had a verbal confrontation with an unknown male.
The victim told police he thought the altercation was going to turn physical so he raised his hands to fight. As he did, the unidentified suspect allegedly reached for his waistband and the victim started to run.
While fleeing, the teenager heard two gunshots and was shot once in the back. He was taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
The suspect is described as a black male, 18-20-years-old, approximately 6'1" tall. He has dyed blonde hair, and a Phillies "P" surrounded by a star tattooed on the front of his neck.
philadelphia, shooting, tioga, nicetown, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 21 min ago
- Windy and cold today 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 7 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 12 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 2 struck, killed at SXSW festival in Texas
2 min ago