Teen shot at Tioga-Nicetown gas station
TIOGA-NICETOWN - July 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a shooting at a gas station in Tioga-Nicetown that left a teenager wounded.
It happened around 11:45 Saturday night at the BP station on West Hunting Park and Germantown avenues.
Officials say the victim was attending a party at a nearby banquet hall when he left to go to the gas station.
While inside, the teen had a verbal confrontation with an unknown male.
The victim told police he thought the altercation was going to turn physical so he raised his hands to fight. As he did, the unidentified suspect allegedly reached for his waistband and the victim started to run.
While fleeing, the teenager heard two gunshots and was shot once in the back. He was taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
The suspect is described as a black male, 18-20-years-old, approximately 6'1" tall. He has dyed blonde hair, and a Phillies "P" surrounded by a star tattooed on the front of his neck.
philadelphia, shooting, tioga, nicetown, local/state
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 7 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 38 min ago
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 15 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Video: Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
7 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
38 min ago