Teen shot at Tioga-Nicetown gas station
TIOGA-NICETOWN - July 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a shooting at a gas station in Tioga-Nicetown that left a teenager wounded.
It happened around 11:45 Saturday night at the BP station on West Hunting Park and Germantown avenues.
Officials say the victim was attending a party at a nearby banquet hall when he left to go to the gas station.
While inside, the teen had a verbal confrontation with an unknown male.
The victim told police he thought the altercation was going to turn physical so he raised his hands to fight. As he did, the unidentified suspect allegedly reached for his waistband and the victim started to run.
While fleeing, the teenager heard two gunshots and was shot once in the back. He was taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
The suspect is described as a black male, 18-20-years-old, approximately 6'1" tall. He has dyed blonde hair, and a Phillies "P" surrounded by a star tattooed on the front of his neck.
philadelphia, shooting, tioga, nicetown, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 2 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 35 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 1 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 28 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 58 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 9 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
35 min ago