Hazmat incidents at Phila, N.J. pools, 9 people hospitalized
GLOUCESTER COUNTY, N.J. - June 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- At least four people have been taken to area hospitals sickened by a chlorine release at a Gloucester County swimming pool.
Officials say the incident was reported around 3:00pm at the Green Fields Swim Club at 989 Jessup Road in West Deptford, N.J.
The injured were transported by ambulances to Underwood and Kennedy Hospitals. There is no word on conditions.
The incident is under investigation.
And in Philadelphia, five people, including two children hospitalized in a similar incident at a pool in Northeast Philadelphia.
The incident was reported around 9:00am in the 8200 block of Bustleton Avenue.
Two children and three adults were taken to Hahnemann Hospital. They are listed in stable condition.
Officials say initial investigation revealed the incident occurred at a private pool where someone had mixed pool chemicals together causing hazardous material to be released.
The investigation continues.
hazmat, gloucester county, new jersey, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 39 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
21 min ago