Hazmat incidents at Phila, N.J. pools, 9 people hospitalized
GLOUCESTER COUNTY, N.J. - June 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- At least four people have been taken to area hospitals sickened by a chlorine release at a Gloucester County swimming pool.
Officials say the incident was reported around 3:00pm at the Green Fields Swim Club at 989 Jessup Road in West Deptford, N.J.
The injured were transported by ambulances to Underwood and Kennedy Hospitals. There is no word on conditions.
The incident is under investigation.
And in Philadelphia, five people, including two children hospitalized in a similar incident at a pool in Northeast Philadelphia.
The incident was reported around 9:00am in the 8200 block of Bustleton Avenue.
Two children and three adults were taken to Hahnemann Hospital. They are listed in stable condition.
Officials say initial investigation revealed the incident occurred at a private pool where someone had mixed pool chemicals together causing hazardous material to be released.
The investigation continues.
hazmat, gloucester county, new jersey, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead 13 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 9 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids 9 min ago
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
13 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos