Hazmat incidents at Phila, N.J. pools, 9 people hospitalized
GLOUCESTER COUNTY, N.J. - June 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- At least four people have been taken to area hospitals sickened by a chlorine release at a Gloucester County swimming pool.
Officials say the incident was reported around 3:00pm at the Green Fields Swim Club at 989 Jessup Road in West Deptford, N.J.
The injured were transported by ambulances to Underwood and Kennedy Hospitals. There is no word on conditions.
The incident is under investigation.
And in Philadelphia, five people, including two children hospitalized in a similar incident at a pool in Northeast Philadelphia.
The incident was reported around 9:00am in the 8200 block of Bustleton Avenue.
Two children and three adults were taken to Hahnemann Hospital. They are listed in stable condition.
Officials say initial investigation revealed the incident occurred at a private pool where someone had mixed pool chemicals together causing hazardous material to be released.
The investigation continues.
hazmat, gloucester county, new jersey, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 48 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 16 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 2 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 8 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 39 min ago