Philly folks cope with heat wave
PHILADELPHIA - July 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sunday was yet another blistering, broiling day, but those who ventured outside found ways to cope with the heat.
The fountains of Logan Square were packed with people trying to stay cool.
A scorching sun coupled with a soupy like atmosphere made the day downright miserable outside.
But it didn't stop people from enjoying some gospel music at the Taste of Philadelphia, yet another event in the Wawa Welcome America celebration.
Vendors tried to keep cool under their canopies, but manning the grills didn't help.
"Hey it's a great time. It's the 4th of July in the city of independence, so it's all good," Dan Pennachietti of Lil Dan's Gourmet said.
As the sun set, the temperature dipped below 90 Sunday evening, providing a bit of relief and making for a nice night to catch some fish along the Schuylkill.
"It doesn't bother me. Just having fun out here, trying to catch something," Baudilio Rodriguez of Juniata said.
With temperatures continuing to be in the 90s, it looks like the city's fountains will continue to see a number of visitors this week.
As for when the heat wave will subside? There is no answer, so that remains a burning question.
philadelphia, heat wave, local/state, chad pradelli
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 59 min ago
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing 8 min ago
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church 11 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies 20 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 58 min ago
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 46 min ago
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7 40 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
59 min ago
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
58 min ago
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown...
11 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings...
20 min ago