Man, 72, robbed at Phila. restaurant
GERMANTOWN - July 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the suspects who knocked down and robbed a 72-year-old man at a Chinese food restaurant in the Germantown section in an attack that was caught on surveillance video.
It happened at the restaurant at 129 West Chelten Avenue around 5:30 p.m. on Friday.
The victim was at the counter when two unknown men entered the restaurant and appeared to be waiting for service.
That's when one of the men knocked the victim down to the floor.
As the victim was down, one of the men took his wallet and both suspects fled on foot west on Chelten Avenue toward Knox Street.
The suspects are described as:
Suspect #1: Black male, 20 years-of-age, short hair, thin build, gray tank top, blue shorts, and blue sneakers.
Suspect #2: Black male, 20 years-of-age, short hair, white "T" shirt, light blue shorts, and black and white sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or through phillypolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 28 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 21 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 27 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 25 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
20 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
28 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos