Celebrating America at the National Constitution Center
CENTER CITY - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Right up the street from the site where the founders declared independence and wrote the Constitution, you can celebrate America in unique ways at the National Constitution Center.
Now through Thursday, there are special activities tying into America's birthday. Most are free with your regular admission.
The center is having Revolutionary War re-enactors on the front lawn Tuesday and Wednesday,, July 3 and 4.
Students from Philadelphia's School of Rock will be performing throughout the day on the 4th of July. There are red, white and blue arts and crafts kids will enjoy, and periodic demonstrations of colonial tasks, like butter-churning, candle-making, and paper-making.
The center's exhibit on the life and work of Bruce Springsteen continues through summer's end, a fun way to connect with his music and also a reminder of how free speech plays out in our every-day lives.
The National Constitution Center is located between 5th and 6th on Arch Street in Old City Philadelphia.
They're offering extended hours on Tuesday, July 3, and Thursday, July 5 - 9:30am to 8:00pm. Dining is available in the on-site restaurant.
For more information, phone 215-409-6600 or check The National Constitution Center.
national constitution center, center city, independence mall, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 40 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 52 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
44 min ago