Police investigate woman's drowning in Linwood, New Jersey
LINWOOD, N.J. - July 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating after a woman was found to have drowned in her pool on Sunday in Linwood, New Jersey.
It was around 7:00 p.m. when police were called to the 2100 block of Shore Road to conduct a well-being check on 32-year-old Erika Polandis after family members were unable to contact her.
Upon arrival, police said they found Polandis dead at the bottom of the pool.
A preliminary autopsy was conducted on Monday and the manner of of death was determined to be asphyxia due to drowning, the county medical examiner ruled.
However, police did not release any details as to the circumstances of her drowning.
The Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit and Linwood Police are investigating.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Crimes Unit at 609-909-7666.
new jersey, atlantic county, drowning, local/state
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 33 min ago
- Record Warmth! 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia 4 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 3 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 21 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Record Warmth!
19 min ago