Truck hits parked cars, stops on train tracks
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - July 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- A tractor trailer driver lost control and hit multiple parked cars on Monday afternoon before coming to a stop on train tracks.
The accident happened around 1:30 p.m. at West Main and Markley streets in Norristown.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed some damaged cars being towed away near the cab portion of the truck.
Meanwhile, the trailer was stopped over the train tracks there.
SEPTA said service between the Elm Street and Main Street stations has been temporarily suspended. Shuttle buses are running instead.
There was no word on any injuries in the crash.
An investigation into how it happened continues.
pennsylvania, norristown, accident, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 8 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos