Truck hits parked cars, stops on train tracks
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - July 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- A tractor trailer driver lost control and hit multiple parked cars on Monday afternoon before coming to a stop on train tracks.
The accident happened around 1:30 p.m. at West Main and Markley streets in Norristown.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed some damaged cars being towed away near the cab portion of the truck.
Meanwhile, the trailer was stopped over the train tracks there.
SEPTA said service between the Elm Street and Main Street stations has been temporarily suspended. Shuttle buses are running instead.
There was no word on any injuries in the crash.
An investigation into how it happened continues.
pennsylvania, norristown, accident, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 26 min ago
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 32 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's wintry mix
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
24 min ago