Suspect ID'd in South Phila. bartender stabbing
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the suspect wanted in the murder of a South Philadelphia bartender.
Authorities are searching for 31-year-old Omar Wright who they say stabbed and killed 44-year-old George Fox at T-Barr's Place on the 2200 block of South 8th Street on June 24th.
Wright is described as a black male, 5'8 tall, 140 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.
Back on June 24th, authorities received a report of someone unconscious inside the bar and arrived to find Fox suffering from multiple stab wounds. He was later pronounced dead.
Investigators say surveillance video shows that Wright, wearing a hoodie, walked casually into the bar and demanded money from the bartender. He then stabbed the victim, stole cash from the register and took off.
Sources say there were about 15 people inside who sat still - stunned by the killing they just witnessed.
Bar owner Tom Barr told Action News that Fox stopped working there three years ago, but came to fill in for the usual bartender that night.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police Homicide Fugitive Squad at 215-686-3068/3084.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Red Flag Warnings Posted 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 55 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 40 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 55 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Emaciated dog rescued from Wilmington home 8 min ago
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police