Paterno family: Release all emails and records
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - July 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Joe Paterno's family is calling on the Pennsylvania attorney general and former FBI Director Louis Freeh to release all emails and records related to their investigations into the Penn State child sex abuse scandal.
Family lawyer Wick Sollers' statement Monday comes after reports of leaked emails between administrators about a graduate assistant's account in 2001 of an encounter between former defensive coordinator Sandusky and a boy in the showers.
CNN reported one email outlined a change in plans among administrators after Athletic Director Tim Curley spoke to Paterno.
Sollers represents the family of former coach Paterno, who was fired and died in January. Sollers says it's clear someone in authority was not interested in a thorough investigation, given the leaks of selective emails.
Freeh is leading the school's internal investigation.
pennsylvania, jerry sandusky, pennsylvania state university, child sex assault, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 27 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in...
47 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos