Paterno family: Release all emails and records
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - July 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Joe Paterno's family is calling on the Pennsylvania attorney general and former FBI Director Louis Freeh to release all emails and records related to their investigations into the Penn State child sex abuse scandal.
Family lawyer Wick Sollers' statement Monday comes after reports of leaked emails between administrators about a graduate assistant's account in 2001 of an encounter between former defensive coordinator Sandusky and a boy in the showers.
CNN reported one email outlined a change in plans among administrators after Athletic Director Tim Curley spoke to Paterno.
Sollers represents the family of former coach Paterno, who was fired and died in January. Sollers says it's clear someone in authority was not interested in a thorough investigation, given the leaks of selective emails.
Freeh is leading the school's internal investigation.
pennsylvania, jerry sandusky, pennsylvania state university, child sex assault, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 35 min ago