Firefighter injured battling Bustleton restaurant fire
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA -July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A firefighter was injured in the battle to contain flames inside a Northeast Philadelphia restaurant early Tuesday morning.
The fire broke out just after midnight at Cafe Longano, located in the 9300 block of Old Bustleton Avenue in the city's Bustleton section.
Heavy smoke and fire greeted crews upon their arrival. One firefighter was taken to a nearby hospital where he was treated and released for a knee injury sustained while battling the blaze.
It took close to an hour to get the flames under control. The restaurant has suffered heavy interior damage.
There is no word yet on what caused the fire.
fire, philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting 13 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ 9 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 4 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million