Officials: Smoking sparked East Mount Airy fire
EAST MOUNT AIRY - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters rescued two people trapped on the roof of an East Mount Airy home consumed by flames early Tuesday morning.
Fire crews arrived around 1:30 a.m. to find heavy flames showing from the second and third floors of the twin home, located on the 6800 block of Stenton Avenue.
Firefighters reacted quickly when they noticed two people trapped on the roof. They raised ladders to the pair and were able to get them off the burning home.
One person was injured and he taken to the hospital to be checked out for minor injuries.
Officials say the fire originated in a third floor bedroom, and are contributing the cause to careless smoking.
fire, east mount airy, philadelphia, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief