Officials: Smoking sparked East Mount Airy fire
EAST MOUNT AIRY - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters rescued two people trapped on the roof of an East Mount Airy home consumed by flames early Tuesday morning.
Fire crews arrived around 1:30 a.m. to find heavy flames showing from the second and third floors of the twin home, located on the 6800 block of Stenton Avenue.
Firefighters reacted quickly when they noticed two people trapped on the roof. They raised ladders to the pair and were able to get them off the burning home.
One person was injured and he taken to the hospital to be checked out for minor injuries.
Officials say the fire originated in a third floor bedroom, and are contributing the cause to careless smoking.
fire, east mount airy, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run 24 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 17 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
3 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and...
24 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
17 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
11 min ago