Officials: Smoking sparked East Mount Airy fire
EAST MOUNT AIRY - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters rescued two people trapped on the roof of an East Mount Airy home consumed by flames early Tuesday morning.
Fire crews arrived around 1:30 a.m. to find heavy flames showing from the second and third floors of the twin home, located on the 6800 block of Stenton Avenue.
Firefighters reacted quickly when they noticed two people trapped on the roof. They raised ladders to the pair and were able to get them off the burning home.
One person was injured and he taken to the hospital to be checked out for minor injuries.
Officials say the fire originated in a third floor bedroom, and are contributing the cause to careless smoking.
fire, east mount airy, philadelphia, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
27 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos