2 wanted for mobile phone store robbery
HUNTING PARK - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Cameras were rolling as two men robbed a Metro PCS store at gunpoint last summer, and now Philadelphia police want your help in identifying the suspects.
It was 4:21 p.m. on July 18, 2011 when two men walked into the Metro PCS store located at 540 Rising Sun Avenue in the city's Hunting Park section. The men were asking the two store employees about cell phones within the display case when one of the men pulled out a handgun, pointed it at the store employees and started demanding money.
The suspects led one of the employees to the cash register and ordered him to open the drawer. The suspect reached in and cleaned the drawer clean of cash and then fled the store on foot with the other suspect.
The first suspect is described as a black male with a medium complexion between the ages of 30 and 35, standing 5'11" tall, weighing 210 pounds. He was wearing a black tee shirt and khaki shorts.
The second suspect was a black male with dark complexion, approximately 40 years of age, standing 5'9", weighing anywhere between 200 and 300 pounds, and wearing a black shirt, dark color pants and dark sunglasses.
Both men are visible in the security video released by Philadelphia police. If you recognize the men you can submit a tip by dialing 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
hunting park, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ