2 wanted for mobile phone store robbery
HUNTING PARK - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Cameras were rolling as two men robbed a Metro PCS store at gunpoint last summer, and now Philadelphia police want your help in identifying the suspects.
It was 4:21 p.m. on July 18, 2011 when two men walked into the Metro PCS store located at 540 Rising Sun Avenue in the city's Hunting Park section. The men were asking the two store employees about cell phones within the display case when one of the men pulled out a handgun, pointed it at the store employees and started demanding money.
The suspects led one of the employees to the cash register and ordered him to open the drawer. The suspect reached in and cleaned the drawer clean of cash and then fled the store on foot with the other suspect.
The first suspect is described as a black male with a medium complexion between the ages of 30 and 35, standing 5'11" tall, weighing 210 pounds. He was wearing a black tee shirt and khaki shorts.
The second suspect was a black male with dark complexion, approximately 40 years of age, standing 5'9", weighing anywhere between 200 and 300 pounds, and wearing a black shirt, dark color pants and dark sunglasses.
Both men are visible in the security video released by Philadelphia police. If you recognize the men you can submit a tip by dialing 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
hunting park, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 13 min ago
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 19 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's wintry mix 58 min ago
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow 57 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
11 min ago