2 wanted for mobile phone store robbery
HUNTING PARK - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Cameras were rolling as two men robbed a Metro PCS store at gunpoint last summer, and now Philadelphia police want your help in identifying the suspects.
It was 4:21 p.m. on July 18, 2011 when two men walked into the Metro PCS store located at 540 Rising Sun Avenue in the city's Hunting Park section. The men were asking the two store employees about cell phones within the display case when one of the men pulled out a handgun, pointed it at the store employees and started demanding money.
The suspects led one of the employees to the cash register and ordered him to open the drawer. The suspect reached in and cleaned the drawer clean of cash and then fled the store on foot with the other suspect.
The first suspect is described as a black male with a medium complexion between the ages of 30 and 35, standing 5'11" tall, weighing 210 pounds. He was wearing a black tee shirt and khaki shorts.
The second suspect was a black male with dark complexion, approximately 40 years of age, standing 5'9", weighing anywhere between 200 and 300 pounds, and wearing a black shirt, dark color pants and dark sunglasses.
Both men are visible in the security video released by Philadelphia police. If you recognize the men you can submit a tip by dialing 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
hunting park, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 2 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 22 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 42 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom