3 wanted in Headhouse Square robbery
SOCIETY HILL - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the three young men who beat and robbed a cab driver outside a convenience store in Philadelphia's Society Hill section.
It 2:57 a.m. back on June 9, 2012, when a cab driver was standing outside of his cab in front of the Wawa located on the 500 block of South 2nd Street. According to investigators, two young males approached the cab driver and grabbed $200 in cash, an iPhone and his keys from his hand.
The victim gave chase and the pursuit quickly got physical. The suspects punched the cab driver several times in his face before fleeing toward South Street on foot.
The victim sustained a lacerated right eye.
The first suspect is described as a black male wearing a white shirt, black shorts, white sneakers and a baseball hat. The second suspect was a black male wearing a white shirt, tan shorts, white sneakers and a baseball hat. The third suspect was also black male, wearing a white shirt, white shorts, and black sneakers.
Surveillance video captured images of the suspects inside the store, as well as the assault outside the store.
If you know the identity or whereabouts of the suspects you can submit a tip by dialing 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
society hill, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 10 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 3 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?