3 wanted in Headhouse Square robbery
SOCIETY HILL - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the three young men who beat and robbed a cab driver outside a convenience store in Philadelphia's Society Hill section.
It 2:57 a.m. back on June 9, 2012, when a cab driver was standing outside of his cab in front of the Wawa located on the 500 block of South 2nd Street. According to investigators, two young males approached the cab driver and grabbed $200 in cash, an iPhone and his keys from his hand.
The victim gave chase and the pursuit quickly got physical. The suspects punched the cab driver several times in his face before fleeing toward South Street on foot.
The victim sustained a lacerated right eye.
The first suspect is described as a black male wearing a white shirt, black shorts, white sneakers and a baseball hat. The second suspect was a black male wearing a white shirt, tan shorts, white sneakers and a baseball hat. The third suspect was also black male, wearing a white shirt, white shorts, and black sneakers.
Surveillance video captured images of the suspects inside the store, as well as the assault outside the store.
If you know the identity or whereabouts of the suspects you can submit a tip by dialing 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
society hill, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout 38 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 51 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor