Wife of Pa. budget secretary sentenced for DUI
YORK, Pa. (AP) - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The wife of Pennsylvania's budget secretary has been sentenced to house arrest for a DUI in York County last year.
Georgina Zogby was sentenced Monday to 30 days to 120 days on house arrest. The exact amount depends on how many days' credit she receives from York County Judge John Kennedy for undergoing treatment for alcohol addiction.
Defense attorney William Fulton says the 48-year-old Zogby will have to wear an electronic ankle cuff that notifies authorities if she drinks. She will also be on probation until March 1.
Police say Zogby crashed her BMW while driving with a suspended license near her home. She pleaded guilty in April to first-offense DUI and driving drunk with a suspended license.
Zogby is the wife of state budget secretary Charles Zogby.
DUI, pennsylvania, local/state
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify 18 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old? 8 min ago