Military mom gets July 4th makeover!
FOLSOM, Pa. - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- While we celebrate our freedom this July fourth, a Delaware County salon owner is celebrating one of the many veterans we have to thank for that freedom.
She's a single mom and a 12-year military veteran. And she was surely surprised Tuesday morning by all of the pomp and circumstance as she was escorted by Folsom Fire Company Number One to a day of primping.
The escort came complete with a live soundtrack of patriotic tunes played by members of the Ridley High School marching band.
It was a hero's welcome for Army Special Agent Ronni Hally.
"Thank you, thank you all!" she said, wiping away tears.
The 36-year-old veteran and single mother of two was treated to a full makeover at Marc Voci Salon, just in time for the 4th of July.
"One word: it's called freedom," said Voci. "Veterans like Ronni have given me and other entrepreneurs freedom and independence to live our dreams."
It was a full day of pampering, including color and foil and cut and makeup.
"For Fourth of July we put a little bit of pop, almost fireworks, in Ronni's hair," said Voci.
There was even a patriotic new outfit from Macy's, courtesy of Seraph, handpicked by Ronni's high school friend, Diane Giandonato, who nominated her.
"She's very giving," said Diane. "She always does for other people. She's a veteran, she's a single mom, and I thought who is more deserving!"
"Listen, I am very humbled by it. It's just& uh, for me it seems like a lot," said Ronni.
Ronni spent 12 years in the Army and served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. She just returned home from her latest tour in January and says she could not be more grateful for the special treatment.
"Oh, my God! I love it!" she exclaimed, as she took in the final makeover. "I feel beautiful, honestly! I couldn't have imagined a better 4th of July."
pennsylvania, military, veterans, july fourth, delaware county, local/state, alicia vitarelli
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings