Victim of restaurant robbery: I couldn't say a thing
GERMANTOWN - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- 72-year-old Livingston Barker spoke with Action News as he recovers after two young men attacked him in a Chinese food restaurant on Chelten Avenue in Germantown.
The incident took place Friday at the restaurant at 129 West Chelten Avenue around 5:30 p.m.
"I wasn't thinking about anything like this happening and then all of a sudden, I feel the hit from behind," Barker said.
The lookout did just that as the other man stared down Barker before making his move.
"I couldn't say nothing. I couldn't say a thing because I was completely knocked down," Barker said.
He was also knocked out.
Philadelphia police say the robbers got away with the man's wallet which contained money, credit cards, and his ID.
As he regained consciousness, the retired New York City Port Authority worker from Barbados thought about his sister.
He moved to Philadelphia two years to take care of her.
In fact, Barker was getting dinner for the both of them when a surveillance camera captured the video she later saw on the news.
"My eyes full of water, I said 'oh my God, what happened and my heart was just going because I was [about] to lose it because I depend on him,'" Barker's sister Clotilda Douglas said.
Barker suffered injuries to his hip.
He's now just looking forward to police getting both these men off the street.
"They just don't care. All they want to do is what they want to do for themselves; they don't care about you," Barker said.
Barker says he won't be changing his routine.
That's his Chinese food place and it will continue to be his neighborhood restaurant.
Meanwhile anyone with information about his suspected attackers should call police at 215-686-TIPS (8477).
philadelphia, robbery, local/state, kenneth moton
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 35 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 17 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 55 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 32 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 18 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
35 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
32 min ago
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month
33 min ago
- Person, cat rescued from New Castle fire
34 min ago