Victim of restaurant robbery: I couldn't say a thing
GERMANTOWN - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- 72-year-old Livingston Barker spoke with Action News as he recovers after two young men attacked him in a Chinese food restaurant on Chelten Avenue in Germantown.
The incident took place Friday at the restaurant at 129 West Chelten Avenue around 5:30 p.m.
"I wasn't thinking about anything like this happening and then all of a sudden, I feel the hit from behind," Barker said.
The lookout did just that as the other man stared down Barker before making his move.
"I couldn't say nothing. I couldn't say a thing because I was completely knocked down," Barker said.
He was also knocked out.
Philadelphia police say the robbers got away with the man's wallet which contained money, credit cards, and his ID.
As he regained consciousness, the retired New York City Port Authority worker from Barbados thought about his sister.
He moved to Philadelphia two years to take care of her.
In fact, Barker was getting dinner for the both of them when a surveillance camera captured the video she later saw on the news.
"My eyes full of water, I said 'oh my God, what happened and my heart was just going because I was [about] to lose it because I depend on him,'" Barker's sister Clotilda Douglas said.
Barker suffered injuries to his hip.
He's now just looking forward to police getting both these men off the street.
"They just don't care. All they want to do is what they want to do for themselves; they don't care about you," Barker said.
Barker says he won't be changing his routine.
That's his Chinese food place and it will continue to be his neighborhood restaurant.
Meanwhile anyone with information about his suspected attackers should call police at 215-686-TIPS (8477).
philadelphia, robbery, local/state, kenneth moton
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 50 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 32 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 2 min ago
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball