Firefighter among 5 injured in Crescentville blaze
CRESCENTVILLE - July 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Four family members and one firefighter were taken to the hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation after flames broke out inside a home in Philadelphia's Crescentville section early Wednesday.
The fire was reported around 5:30 a.m. on the 200 block of Higbee Street.
Firefighters arrived on the scene to find three adults and an infant trapped on the second floor of the house. All four were safely extricated from the home and taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment.
A firefighter was injured during rescue efforts. He was taken to Temple University Hospital, where at last check he was listed in stable condition.
The fire was quickly placed under control.
There is no word yet on what sparked the fire as officials continue to investigate.
fire, philadelphia, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish