2 injured on motorcycle in hit and run
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people are hospitalized and third is behind bars after a head-on crash involving a motorcycle in North Philadelphia.
The collision happened around 11:10 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of 27th Street and Allegheny Avenue.
According to investigators, a 25-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman were seriously injured when their motorcycle collided with a car.
The male driver is hospitalized in stable condition with injuries to his hip. The female rear passenger is currently hospitalized in critical condition.
Police say they arrested the driver of the other vehicle nearby after that person attempted to flee the scene.
The identities of those involved have not been released.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, accident, hit and run, motorcycles, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 9 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 23 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
28 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos