2 injured on motorcycle in hit and run
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people are hospitalized and third is behind bars after a head-on crash involving a motorcycle in North Philadelphia.
The collision happened around 11:10 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of 27th Street and Allegheny Avenue.
According to investigators, a 25-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman were seriously injured when their motorcycle collided with a car.
The male driver is hospitalized in stable condition with injuries to his hip. The female rear passenger is currently hospitalized in critical condition.
Police say they arrested the driver of the other vehicle nearby after that person attempted to flee the scene.
The identities of those involved have not been released.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, accident, hit and run, motorcycles, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 36 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 44 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids