Water main break floods South Phila homes
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Residents on a block in South Philadelphia woke up to several feet of water in their basements due to an overnight water main break.
The break happened just after midnight on the 600 block of Watkins Street.
Three homes had up to five feet of water in their basements.
The fire department responded to assist in pumping the water out the homes and the Philadelphia Water Department responded to the scene to make repairs to the main.
south philadelphia, philadelphia, water main break, flooding, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 4 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape