Jet skier run over by boat in Egg Harbor Twp.
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is hospitalized after the personal watercraft he was riding was run over by a boat in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey.
The incident happened around noon Wednesday on the waters near the Longport-Somers Point Causeway.
According to officials, a small boat was following close behind the victim's water craft when the jet skier slowed abruptly. The boat did not have time to maneuver and ran over him.
The victim was thrown into the water and pulled out by the Coast Guard. He was taken to the marina in Somers Point where he was then transported to Atlantic Care Regional Medical Center in Atlantic City for injuries to his lower extremities. He was reportedly conscious and alert, though it unclear how serious the injuries are.
The investigation into incident continues.
atlantic county, new jersey, water rescue, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos