Jet skier run over by boat in Egg Harbor Twp.
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is hospitalized after the personal watercraft he was riding was run over by a boat in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey.
The incident happened around noon Wednesday on the waters near the Longport-Somers Point Causeway.
According to officials, a small boat was following close behind the victim's water craft when the jet skier slowed abruptly. The boat did not have time to maneuver and ran over him.
The victim was thrown into the water and pulled out by the Coast Guard. He was taken to the marina in Somers Point where he was then transported to Atlantic Care Regional Medical Center in Atlantic City for injuries to his lower extremities. He was reportedly conscious and alert, though it unclear how serious the injuries are.
The investigation into incident continues.
atlantic county, new jersey, water rescue, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book