Man stabbed, bitten at Philadelphia prison
HOLMESBURG - July 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is hospitalized with stab and bite wounds after an incident at a correctional facility in Philadelphia's Holmesburg section.
Police say it was just before 11:00 a.m. when a man, said to be in his 20s, was taken to Aria Torresdale Hospital for treatment after having sustained a stab wound to the cheek and a bite wound to the hand at the Curran Fromhold Correctional Facility.
Officials have not said whether or not the victim is a prisoner at the facility. Also, details as to what lead up to the incident are not clear.
Police are continuing to investigate.
Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility is the largest facility in the Philadelphia Prison System.
holmesburg, philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 34 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft 49 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million 26 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool 54 min ago
- Freebie Friday 39 min ago
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas...
49 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as...
54 min ago