Man stabbed, bitten at Philadelphia prison
HOLMESBURG - July 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is hospitalized with stab and bite wounds after an incident at a correctional facility in Philadelphia's Holmesburg section.
Police say it was just before 11:00 a.m. when a man, said to be in his 20s, was taken to Aria Torresdale Hospital for treatment after having sustained a stab wound to the cheek and a bite wound to the hand at the Curran Fromhold Correctional Facility.
Officials have not said whether or not the victim is a prisoner at the facility. Also, details as to what lead up to the incident are not clear.
Police are continuing to investigate.
Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility is the largest facility in the Philadelphia Prison System.
holmesburg, philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney 24 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight 57 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire 55 min ago
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
24 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
57 min ago