Hit and run driver sought in Delco
SPRINGFIELD, Pa. - July 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware County are searching for a hit and run driver who struck a 27-year-old man.
The inicident happened Wednesday at approximately 2:45 a.m. along the 100 block of North State Road
A passerby told police that he saw what he believed to be a person lying in the roadway and alerted authorities.
Police were able to identify this person as Thomas Quercetti of Boothwyn.
Police say it appears that Quercetti was walking along North State Road when he was struck by a vehicle.
Quercetti was rushed to Crozer-Chester Medical Center where he remains in critical condition.
Authorities say the striking vehicle should have front end damage possibly to the bumper, headlamp, hood and windshield areas.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to contact the Springfield Township Department Detective Division at 610-544-5504.
pennsylvania, delaware county, hit and run, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness