Hit and run driver sought in Delco
SPRINGFIELD, Pa. - July 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware County are searching for a hit and run driver who struck a 27-year-old man.
The inicident happened Wednesday at approximately 2:45 a.m. along the 100 block of North State Road
A passerby told police that he saw what he believed to be a person lying in the roadway and alerted authorities.
Police were able to identify this person as Thomas Quercetti of Boothwyn.
Police say it appears that Quercetti was walking along North State Road when he was struck by a vehicle.
Quercetti was rushed to Crozer-Chester Medical Center where he remains in critical condition.
Authorities say the striking vehicle should have front end damage possibly to the bumper, headlamp, hood and windshield areas.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to contact the Springfield Township Department Detective Division at 610-544-5504.
pennsylvania, delaware county, hit and run, local/state
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 57 min ago
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier