Sand tunnel collapses on man at Rehoboth Beach
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man was hospitalized after a sand tunnel he was digging at Rehoboth Beach collapsed on top of him.
Warren Jones, a spokesman for the Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company, says firefighters and the city's beach patrol responded to the scene about 2:30 p.m. Thursday and were able to rescue the man.
The man was taken to Beebe Medical Center in Lewes.
No further information on the man was available.
rehoboth beach, delaware, rescue, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 54 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 40 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 30 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 15 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 45 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 30 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
40 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
54 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos