Sand tunnel collapses on man at Rehoboth Beach
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man was hospitalized after a sand tunnel he was digging at Rehoboth Beach collapsed on top of him.
Warren Jones, a spokesman for the Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company, says firefighters and the city's beach patrol responded to the scene about 2:30 p.m. Thursday and were able to rescue the man.
The man was taken to Beebe Medical Center in Lewes.
No further information on the man was available.
rehoboth beach, delaware, rescue, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 19 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 39 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
39 min ago