Sand tunnel collapses on man at Rehoboth Beach
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man was hospitalized after a sand tunnel he was digging at Rehoboth Beach collapsed on top of him.
Warren Jones, a spokesman for the Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company, says firefighters and the city's beach patrol responded to the scene about 2:30 p.m. Thursday and were able to rescue the man.
The man was taken to Beebe Medical Center in Lewes.
No further information on the man was available.
rehoboth beach, delaware, rescue, local/state
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular 58 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list