Sand tunnel collapses on man at Rehoboth Beach
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man was hospitalized after a sand tunnel he was digging at Rehoboth Beach collapsed on top of him.
Warren Jones, a spokesman for the Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company, says firefighters and the city's beach patrol responded to the scene about 2:30 p.m. Thursday and were able to rescue the man.
The man was taken to Beebe Medical Center in Lewes.
No further information on the man was available.
rehoboth beach, delaware, rescue, local/state
- Screaming vandal smashes police car windows 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 28 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
38 min ago