Sand tunnel collapses on man at Rehoboth Beach
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man was hospitalized after a sand tunnel he was digging at Rehoboth Beach collapsed on top of him.
Warren Jones, a spokesman for the Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company, says firefighters and the city's beach patrol responded to the scene about 2:30 p.m. Thursday and were able to rescue the man.
The man was taken to Beebe Medical Center in Lewes.
No further information on the man was available.
rehoboth beach, delaware, rescue, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 40 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 48 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep