2 charged in South Philadelphia bartender murder
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men are now facing charges following the murder of a bartender in South Philadelphia.
The second of the two suspects was arrested on Friday morning.
It was at 6:30 a.m. when the U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force and Philadelphia Homicide detectives responded to an anonymous tip in the 1200 block of South Millick Street.
There, they found and arrested Omar Wright, 31, who will be charged with Murder, Possession of an Instrument of Crime (PIC) and related offenses.
Philadelphia police said later Friday that another man had previoulsy been charged in the case.
Keith Hardy, 57, of the 600 block of Fernon Street was arrested on June 25th and charged with: Murder, Criminal Conspiracy, Robbery, Theft and related offenses.
George Fox, 44, was stabbed to death at T-Barr's Place on the 2200 block of South 8th Street on June 24th during a robbery.
Bar owner Tom Barr told Action News that Fox stopped working there three years ago, but came to fill in for the usual bartender that night.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 28 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 7 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 23 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
28 min ago
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
7 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos