2 charged in South Philadelphia bartender murder
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men are now facing charges following the murder of a bartender in South Philadelphia.
The second of the two suspects was arrested on Friday morning.
It was at 6:30 a.m. when the U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force and Philadelphia Homicide detectives responded to an anonymous tip in the 1200 block of South Millick Street.
There, they found and arrested Omar Wright, 31, who will be charged with Murder, Possession of an Instrument of Crime (PIC) and related offenses.
Philadelphia police said later Friday that another man had previoulsy been charged in the case.
Keith Hardy, 57, of the 600 block of Fernon Street was arrested on June 25th and charged with: Murder, Criminal Conspiracy, Robbery, Theft and related offenses.
George Fox, 44, was stabbed to death at T-Barr's Place on the 2200 block of South 8th Street on June 24th during a robbery.
Bar owner Tom Barr told Action News that Fox stopped working there three years ago, but came to fill in for the usual bartender that night.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases