2 charged in South Philadelphia bartender murder
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men are now facing charges following the murder of a bartender in South Philadelphia.
The second of the two suspects was arrested on Friday morning.
It was at 6:30 a.m. when the U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force and Philadelphia Homicide detectives responded to an anonymous tip in the 1200 block of South Millick Street.
There, they found and arrested Omar Wright, 31, who will be charged with Murder, Possession of an Instrument of Crime (PIC) and related offenses.
Philadelphia police said later Friday that another man had previoulsy been charged in the case.
Keith Hardy, 57, of the 600 block of Fernon Street was arrested on June 25th and charged with: Murder, Criminal Conspiracy, Robbery, Theft and related offenses.
George Fox, 44, was stabbed to death at T-Barr's Place on the 2200 block of South 8th Street on June 24th during a robbery.
Bar owner Tom Barr told Action News that Fox stopped working there three years ago, but came to fill in for the usual bartender that night.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 50 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 36 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 26 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 11 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 41 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 26 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
36 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
50 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos