2 charged in South Philadelphia bartender murder
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men are now facing charges following the murder of a bartender in South Philadelphia.
The second of the two suspects was arrested on Friday morning.
It was at 6:30 a.m. when the U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force and Philadelphia Homicide detectives responded to an anonymous tip in the 1200 block of South Millick Street.
There, they found and arrested Omar Wright, 31, who will be charged with Murder, Possession of an Instrument of Crime (PIC) and related offenses.
Philadelphia police said later Friday that another man had previoulsy been charged in the case.
Keith Hardy, 57, of the 600 block of Fernon Street was arrested on June 25th and charged with: Murder, Criminal Conspiracy, Robbery, Theft and related offenses.
George Fox, 44, was stabbed to death at T-Barr's Place on the 2200 block of South 8th Street on June 24th during a robbery.
Bar owner Tom Barr told Action News that Fox stopped working there three years ago, but came to fill in for the usual bartender that night.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed