2 charged in South Philadelphia bartender murder
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men are now facing charges following the murder of a bartender in South Philadelphia.
The second of the two suspects was arrested on Friday morning.
It was at 6:30 a.m. when the U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force and Philadelphia Homicide detectives responded to an anonymous tip in the 1200 block of South Millick Street.
There, they found and arrested Omar Wright, 31, who will be charged with Murder, Possession of an Instrument of Crime (PIC) and related offenses.
Philadelphia police said later Friday that another man had previoulsy been charged in the case.
Keith Hardy, 57, of the 600 block of Fernon Street was arrested on June 25th and charged with: Murder, Criminal Conspiracy, Robbery, Theft and related offenses.
George Fox, 44, was stabbed to death at T-Barr's Place on the 2200 block of South 8th Street on June 24th during a robbery.
Bar owner Tom Barr told Action News that Fox stopped working there three years ago, but came to fill in for the usual bartender that night.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville 41 min ago
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight 3 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase 19 min ago
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 8 min ago
- Teen killed over iPad in Las Vegas, 2 suspects arrested 20 min ago
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County 39 min ago
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- Search for missing college student from...
41 min ago
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
39 min ago