Suspect arrested in multi-alarm Camden Co. fire
BLACKWOOD, N.J. - July 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they've arrested a suspect in connection to a multi-alarm fire that ripped through a Camden County barn.
The flames broke out around 3:00 Saturday morning on the 1500 block of Chews Landing Road.
Several fire companies responded to the scene and it took crews nearly an hour to bring the fire under control.
A witness gave police a description of 26-year-old Gregory W. Woodman - who was suspected to have started the blaze.
While fire crews battled the flames, officers located Woodman and after a brief struggle, he was taken into custody.
One fire fighter was taken to a local hospital for smoke inhalation but was treated and released.
A number of horses were inside the barn at the time but were safely able to evacuate.
Woodman faces a number of charges including Arson, Aggravated Assault, and Resisting Arrest.
new jersey, camden county, fire, arson, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 40 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
40 min ago