Suspect arrested in multi-alarm Camden Co. fire
BLACKWOOD, N.J. - July 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they've arrested a suspect in connection to a multi-alarm fire that ripped through a Camden County barn.
The flames broke out around 3:00 Saturday morning on the 1500 block of Chews Landing Road.
Several fire companies responded to the scene and it took crews nearly an hour to bring the fire under control.
A witness gave police a description of 26-year-old Gregory W. Woodman - who was suspected to have started the blaze.
While fire crews battled the flames, officers located Woodman and after a brief struggle, he was taken into custody.
One fire fighter was taken to a local hospital for smoke inhalation but was treated and released.
A number of horses were inside the barn at the time but were safely able to evacuate.
Woodman faces a number of charges including Arson, Aggravated Assault, and Resisting Arrest.
new jersey, camden county, fire, arson, local/state
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 7 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 19 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 44 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 33 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
44 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos