Suspect arrested in multi-alarm Camden Co. fire
BLACKWOOD, N.J. - July 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they've arrested a suspect in connection to a multi-alarm fire that ripped through a Camden County barn.
The flames broke out around 3:00 Saturday morning on the 1500 block of Chews Landing Road.
Several fire companies responded to the scene and it took crews nearly an hour to bring the fire under control.
A witness gave police a description of 26-year-old Gregory W. Woodman - who was suspected to have started the blaze.
While fire crews battled the flames, officers located Woodman and after a brief struggle, he was taken into custody.
One fire fighter was taken to a local hospital for smoke inhalation but was treated and released.
A number of horses were inside the barn at the time but were safely able to evacuate.
Woodman faces a number of charges including Arson, Aggravated Assault, and Resisting Arrest.
new jersey, camden county, fire, arson, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 3 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 55 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 48 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack 4 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime 5 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- The 10-minute nose job
15 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
55 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off...
48 min ago