Suspect arrested in multi-alarm Camden Co. fire
BLACKWOOD, N.J. - July 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they've arrested a suspect in connection to a multi-alarm fire that ripped through a Camden County barn.
The flames broke out around 3:00 Saturday morning on the 1500 block of Chews Landing Road.
Several fire companies responded to the scene and it took crews nearly an hour to bring the fire under control.
A witness gave police a description of 26-year-old Gregory W. Woodman - who was suspected to have started the blaze.
While fire crews battled the flames, officers located Woodman and after a brief struggle, he was taken into custody.
One fire fighter was taken to a local hospital for smoke inhalation but was treated and released.
A number of horses were inside the barn at the time but were safely able to evacuate.
Woodman faces a number of charges including Arson, Aggravated Assault, and Resisting Arrest.
new jersey, camden county, fire, arson, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 34 min ago
- Temps Soar 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 37 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 52 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 54 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 44 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
50 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
34 min ago