Overturned truck bursts into flames in Wynnefield
WYNNEFIELD - July 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A driver was critically wounded when his truck crashed, overturned, and burst into flames in the Wynnefield section of Philadelphia.
It happened around 6:15 Saturday morning along Belmont and Conshohocken avenues.
According to police the 45-year-old driver lost control of his vehicle and struck a tree before the truck caught fire.
Authorities say the victim suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 40 percent of his body.
He was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
No word what sparked the crash. Accident investigators remain on the scene.
philadelphia, wynnefield, accident, fire, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler 25 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS 48 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- As fireworks crackle, Beckham plays last home game
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list