Overturned truck bursts into flames in Wynnefield
WYNNEFIELD - July 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A driver was critically wounded when his truck crashed, overturned, and burst into flames in the Wynnefield section of Philadelphia.
It happened around 6:15 Saturday morning along Belmont and Conshohocken avenues.
According to police the 45-year-old driver lost control of his vehicle and struck a tree before the truck caught fire.
Authorities say the victim suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 40 percent of his body.
He was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
No word what sparked the crash. Accident investigators remain on the scene.
philadelphia, wynnefield, accident, fire, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police-involved shooting in Southwest Philadelphia
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 2 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
7 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos