WV toddler found in Pa. hotel bathtub dies
PITTSBURGH (AP) - July 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A West Virginia toddler who had been hospitalized since police say his mother tried to drown him in a western Pennsylvania hotel bathtub last weekend has died.
The Allegheny County medical examiner's office says 2-year-old Steven Flanagan died Friday afternoon in Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville.
Paramedics were called to the Green Tree hotel in Pittsburgh on Sunday night after 33-year-old Sharon Flanagan of Inwood, W. Va., reported finding her son unresponsive in a bathtub.
But police said her statements were inconsistent and charged her with attempted homicide, endangering the welfare of a child, aggravated assault and recklessly endangering another person.
Defense attorney David DeFazio said his client was too distraught to tell him much but "she maintains she never meant to hurt her son."
child death, drowning, pennsylvania, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs