WV toddler found in Pa. hotel bathtub dies
PITTSBURGH (AP) - July 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A West Virginia toddler who had been hospitalized since police say his mother tried to drown him in a western Pennsylvania hotel bathtub last weekend has died.
The Allegheny County medical examiner's office says 2-year-old Steven Flanagan died Friday afternoon in Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville.
Paramedics were called to the Green Tree hotel in Pittsburgh on Sunday night after 33-year-old Sharon Flanagan of Inwood, W. Va., reported finding her son unresponsive in a bathtub.
But police said her statements were inconsistent and charged her with attempted homicide, endangering the welfare of a child, aggravated assault and recklessly endangering another person.
Defense attorney David DeFazio said his client was too distraught to tell him much but "she maintains she never meant to hurt her son."
child death, drowning, pennsylvania, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?