WV toddler found in Pa. hotel bathtub dies
PITTSBURGH (AP) - July 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A West Virginia toddler who had been hospitalized since police say his mother tried to drown him in a western Pennsylvania hotel bathtub last weekend has died.
The Allegheny County medical examiner's office says 2-year-old Steven Flanagan died Friday afternoon in Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville.
Paramedics were called to the Green Tree hotel in Pittsburgh on Sunday night after 33-year-old Sharon Flanagan of Inwood, W. Va., reported finding her son unresponsive in a bathtub.
But police said her statements were inconsistent and charged her with attempted homicide, endangering the welfare of a child, aggravated assault and recklessly endangering another person.
Defense attorney David DeFazio said his client was too distraught to tell him much but "she maintains she never meant to hurt her son."
child death, drowning, pennsylvania, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
46 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
33 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
30 min ago