Man stabbed during fight in Center City
CENTER CITY - July 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a stabbing in Center City that sent one person to the hospital.
It happened around 2:15 Sunday morning at the intersection of 16th and Walnut streets.
Authorities say the stabbing was the result of an earlier fight.
The victim - a man in his 30s - was wounded at least once and attempted to drive himself to the hospital in a taxi.
Medics transported him to an area hospital in stable condition.
No word on what sparked the altercation.
philadelphia, center city, stabbing, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 29 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos