Man stabbed during fight in Center City
CENTER CITY - July 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a stabbing in Center City that sent one person to the hospital.
It happened around 2:15 Sunday morning at the intersection of 16th and Walnut streets.
Authorities say the stabbing was the result of an earlier fight.
The victim - a man in his 30s - was wounded at least once and attempted to drive himself to the hospital in a taxi.
Medics transported him to an area hospital in stable condition.
No word on what sparked the altercation.
philadelphia, center city, stabbing, local/state
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 51 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 1 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
51 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos