Del. man arrested for 6th DUI charge
WILMINGTON, Del. - July 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- State Police arrested a New Castle, Delaware man for driving under the influence for the sixth time.
52-year-old Michael A. Taggart was arrested Saturday evening along New Bridge and Old Barley Mill roads near Wilmington.
A Delaware State Trooper observed Taggart speeding and pulled him over.
During the traffic stop, the trooper reportedly smelled alcohol coming from inside the vehicle.
Taggart was taken into custody and it was revealed that he was previously arrested five times for DUI. The past incidents occurred between 1994 and 2010.
With the most recent arrest, Taggart now faces his sixth DUI charge, as well as driving while suspended and possession of a controlled substance.
delaware, wilmington, DUI, local/state
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured 52 min ago
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 17 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 40 min ago
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe 10 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears 3 min ago
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
17 min ago