Police: Botched drug deal led to triple killing
PLYMOUTH, Pa. (AP) -July 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say two teen half brothers killed three people and wounded a fourth inside a northeastern Pennsylvania apartment after a botched drug deal.
Eighteen-year-old Shawn Hamilton and 16-year-old Sawud Davis, originally of Philadelphia, each face three charges each of criminal homicide and one count each of attempted homicide in Saturday night's shooting in Plymouth, Luzerne County.
Three of the shooting victims were teenagers themselves. Authorities identified the slain victims as 21-year-old Bradley Swartwood, 17-year-old Nicholas Maldonado and 15-year-old Lisa Abaunza. Maldonaldo's 19-year-old brother remains hospitalized.
Police say Davis shot Nicholas Maldonaldo after he reached for packets of heroin Davis showed him. Authorities say Hamilton told investigators Davis shot the others because he couldn't leave witnesses.
Hamilton and Davis both remain in custody. It's not clear if they have attorneys.
drugs, shooting, pennsylvania, local/state
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup 22 min ago
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Finding the perfect bra