Md. driver killed in single-car crash in Del.
MARYDEL, Del. (AP) - July 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a driver was killed when a car left the road and hit a tree.
It happened about 10:25 p.m. Sunday on Mahan Corner Road in Marydel. Troopers say 33-year-old Shawn M. Bates of Marydel, Md., was traveling south at a high rate of speed and attempted to negotiate a left curve.
Police say Bates' vehicle left the road, returned, and crossed both lanes of travel before hitting a tree.
Bates was pronounced dead at the scene. The accident is under investigation.
delaware, maryland, accident, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 1 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts 53 min ago
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos