Md. driver killed in single-car crash in Del.
MARYDEL, Del. (AP) - July 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a driver was killed when a car left the road and hit a tree.
It happened about 10:25 p.m. Sunday on Mahan Corner Road in Marydel. Troopers say 33-year-old Shawn M. Bates of Marydel, Md., was traveling south at a high rate of speed and attempted to negotiate a left curve.
Police say Bates' vehicle left the road, returned, and crossed both lanes of travel before hitting a tree.
Bates was pronounced dead at the scene. The accident is under investigation.
delaware, maryland, accident, local/state
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down 28 min ago
- Splendid spring finale 44 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate 36 min ago
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL] 5 min ago
- Suspect shot by police in Carneys Point ID'd
1 min ago