Md. driver killed in single-car crash in Del.
MARYDEL, Del. (AP) - July 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a driver was killed when a car left the road and hit a tree.
It happened about 10:25 p.m. Sunday on Mahan Corner Road in Marydel. Troopers say 33-year-old Shawn M. Bates of Marydel, Md., was traveling south at a high rate of speed and attempted to negotiate a left curve.
Police say Bates' vehicle left the road, returned, and crossed both lanes of travel before hitting a tree.
Bates was pronounced dead at the scene. The accident is under investigation.
delaware, maryland, accident, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos