Md. driver killed in single-car crash in Del.
MARYDEL, Del. (AP) - July 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a driver was killed when a car left the road and hit a tree.
It happened about 10:25 p.m. Sunday on Mahan Corner Road in Marydel. Troopers say 33-year-old Shawn M. Bates of Marydel, Md., was traveling south at a high rate of speed and attempted to negotiate a left curve.
Police say Bates' vehicle left the road, returned, and crossed both lanes of travel before hitting a tree.
Bates was pronounced dead at the scene. The accident is under investigation.
delaware, maryland, accident, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 32 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 11 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 27 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
32 min ago
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
11 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos