Toms River ex-mayor charged in tax evasion case
NEWARK, N.J. - July 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former mayor of Toms River is facing tax evasion charges following his return from Afghanistan, where he had been working as a contractor.
The U.S. Attorney's Office says Carmine Inteso was arrested at New York's Kennedy airport on Monday night.
The 46-year-old is due to make an initial appearance in federal court in Newark on Tuesday afternoon.
Inteso served as mayor in 2002, when the Ocean County community was known as Dover Township. He ran unsuccessfully against current Toms River Mayor Thomas Kelaher in 2007.
toms river, new jersey, taxes, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run 21 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant 45 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos