Pa. woman held in photo shoot baby kidnapping ruse
UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) - July 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- State police have charged a Pittsburgh woman with kidnapping an infant whose mother was allegedly lured to a suburban motel with the promise her 3-month-old daughter would be featured in a commercial photo shoot for disposable diapers.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 46-year-old Yvonne Bradley who was arraigned Tuesday on kidnapping and other charges stemming from the incident in Uniontown, about 40 miles south of Pittsburgh.
State police say Bradley and another woman they're still seeking met the baby's mother Monday and told her to stay at the motel overnight where the photo shoot would take place. Police say Bradley snatched the baby when its mother left briefly to go shopping Tuesday morning.
Police found Bradley walking with the baby, who was unharmed. Police believe Bradley planned to keep the baby as her own.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, kidnapping, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized