Police: Shots fired at teen holding toddler
STRAWBERRY MANSION - July 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- A teenager is fighting for his life after a shooting in the Strawberry Mansion section of Philadelphia that also injured a 2-year-old girl, police say.
Shortly after 10:00 p.m., police officers were called to the 2500 block of North 29th Street for the report of a shooting.
Upon arrival, officer found a 19-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the head.
Medics transported the teen to Temple University Hospital where he is listed in extremely critical condition.
Police discovered a second victim at the scene described as a 2-year-old girl. She was shot once in the upper right arm.
Medics treated her and police transported her to Temple in stable condition.
Police say the teen was holding the toddler when he was shot.
Five witnesses were taken to police headquarters for questioning.
Detectives say they are looking over private surveillance video taken in the area.
philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy