Lawncrest apartment fire knocks out power
LAWNCREST - July 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire crews were on the the scene of a fast moving apartment fire in the Lawncrest section of Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out in the basement just before 12:30 a.m. on the 6200 block of Oakley Street.
It spread quickly through the building and knocked out the power.
The building was evacuated and the fire was placed under control within 10 minutes.
Luckily, no one was injured in the fire.
Investigators are looking into what may have sparked the blaze.
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos