Coroner: Pa. deaths of husband, wife heat-related
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - July 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania coroner says the husband of a woman who died Monday of hyperthermia has also died of heat-related illness.
Officials say 90-year-old Joseph Kuzmak had been in Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest since he and his wife were found in their Weisenberg Township home Monday.
Lehigh County Coroner Scott Grim said Kuzmak died at 4:35 p.m. Wednesday at the hospital. Ninety-year-old Lillian Kuzmak had been pronounced dead at the house. Officials said the air conditioning wasn't turned on and it was about 100 degrees in the home.
Their son, James, told the paper that the couple had been married for 69 years.
Officials have said that the heat wave was a factor in the deaths of at least nine Pennsylvania residents.
heat wave, pennsylvania, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth! 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere 38 min ago
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
47 min ago