Coroner: Pa. deaths of husband, wife heat-related
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - July 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania coroner says the husband of a woman who died Monday of hyperthermia has also died of heat-related illness.
Officials say 90-year-old Joseph Kuzmak had been in Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest since he and his wife were found in their Weisenberg Township home Monday.
Lehigh County Coroner Scott Grim said Kuzmak died at 4:35 p.m. Wednesday at the hospital. Ninety-year-old Lillian Kuzmak had been pronounced dead at the house. Officials said the air conditioning wasn't turned on and it was about 100 degrees in the home.
Their son, James, told the paper that the couple had been married for 69 years.
Officials have said that the heat wave was a factor in the deaths of at least nine Pennsylvania residents.
heat wave, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 34 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 6 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar shooting 2 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Sunny, blustery winds today
46 min ago
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
34 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar...
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos