3 men wounded in drive-by shooting
POINT BREEZE - July 12, 2102 (WPVI) -- Three men are hospitalized with gunshot wounds following a drive-by shooting early Thursday morning in the Point Breeze section of Philadelphia.
Police say two of the men were targeted and the third was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The shooting happened in the 1400 block of South 22nd Street just after midnight.
According to officials, one man, 28 years old was shot in the cheek and ear and another 28 year old man was shot in the leg. Both victims were taken to Jefferson Hospital and listed in stable condition.
A third man, 30 years of age was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania after being shot in the leg.
Witnesses tell police they saw a dark-colored sedan fleeing the scene.
Police are searching for suspects.
shooting, point breeze, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 36 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera 11 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 11 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's