3 men wounded in drive-by shooting
POINT BREEZE - July 12, 2102 (WPVI) -- Three men are hospitalized with gunshot wounds following a drive-by shooting early Thursday morning in the Point Breeze section of Philadelphia.
Police say two of the men were targeted and the third was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The shooting happened in the 1400 block of South 22nd Street just after midnight.
According to officials, one man, 28 years old was shot in the cheek and ear and another 28 year old man was shot in the leg. Both victims were taken to Jefferson Hospital and listed in stable condition.
A third man, 30 years of age was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania after being shot in the leg.
Witnesses tell police they saw a dark-colored sedan fleeing the scene.
Police are searching for suspects.
shooting, point breeze, philadelphia, local/state
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list