3 men wounded in drive-by shooting
POINT BREEZE - July 12, 2102 (WPVI) -- Three men are hospitalized with gunshot wounds following a drive-by shooting early Thursday morning in the Point Breeze section of Philadelphia.
Police say two of the men were targeted and the third was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The shooting happened in the 1400 block of South 22nd Street just after midnight.
According to officials, one man, 28 years old was shot in the cheek and ear and another 28 year old man was shot in the leg. Both victims were taken to Jefferson Hospital and listed in stable condition.
A third man, 30 years of age was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania after being shot in the leg.
Witnesses tell police they saw a dark-colored sedan fleeing the scene.
Police are searching for suspects.
shooting, point breeze, philadelphia, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip 43 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 30 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
35 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
30 min ago