Police standoff in south jersey ends with arrest
PINE HILL, N.J. (AP) -July 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Camden County successfully ended a standoff with an armed robbery suspect.
Pine Hill police say 41-year-old Terrance Williams barricaded himself in a home when they attempted to arrest him on Wednesday.
A woman inside was allowed to leave.
Police say Williams refused to respond to negotiators who tried to contact him for several hours.
A SWAT team and K-9 units entered the home on East 10th Avenue and found Williams hiding in a crawlspace.
Police say Williams was taken into custody after resisting arrest.
new jersey, local/state
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club 15 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 14 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack 22 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip...
15 min ago